Refresh. Recharge. Refine.
We are so glad you are interested in our annual Men's Retreat. It is a great time to escape the pressures and routines of life and to refresh, recharge, and refine.
The retreat is Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, May 14-16, on beautiful Lake Cumberland in Jamestown, Kentucky. We have reserved six Admiral houseboats. Each boat will sleep 10 and comes equipped with four full-sized sleeping berths and a sleeping sofa. Also, each boat has a fully equipped kitchen, a gas grill, two bathrooms with one shower, television, DVD, climate controls, and a HOT TUB (State Dock upgraded the houseboats)!
Activities for the weekend vary, but there is always encouragement through the morning devotions and testimony time around the campfire each night. Other activities include boating, jet-skiing, fishing, swimming, water skiing, bonfires, Cornhole, Euchre, board games, and death-defying cliff dives. There are even a few guys that run at least 5k each morning.
We will also have our Eastside vs. Westside Competition to win the Tarter Cup!!
WHAT YOUR RETREAT FEE INCLUDES
- Basic Registration is $150 and covers houseboat rental, tax, insurance (houseboat), houseboat fuel, food, book, activities, and T-shirt.
- Premium Registration is $250 and includes everything listed above AND guarantees your own sleeping berth.
- If possible, payments are due by Wednesday, May 13.
- Gas money (optional) $30-$40. Several men have volunteered to bring their boats at their own expense. If you take advantage of their hospitality, please plan on contributing when we pass around the gas fund bucket.
- Fishing License
- Please be at the church by 6:45 AM. The Church vehicles will leave at 7:00 AM and is open to anyone needing a ride to the lake. You may also catch a ride with the guys who carpool and caravan together.
- The main body will depart FBC on Thursday, May 14 at 7:00 AM. You do not have to take part in this caravan, but please be at the State Dock by 1:00 PM ET (noon CT). Make sure you arrive at this time.
- State Dock Address: 6365 State Park Road, Jamestown, KY, 42629
- Please drive carefully and travel in groups so that help is available if problems arise.
MEALS ON THE ROAD
- We will stop for breakfast at Cracker Barrel in Kentucky(I-75 S, Exit 110).
- The last chance for lunch will be in Jamestown, KY. The first meal on board the boats is served around 7:00 PM (ET), so you may want to take advantage of the "Famous Recipe Chicken" on the way into Jamestown.
WHAT YOU SHOULD PACK
- All Houseboats provide linens, pillows, and towels.
- Note: When packing for this trip, remember mid-May temperatures are not always predictable. You will want to prepare for rain and sunshine, warm and cold. You can check the forecast online – Jamestown, KY 42629.
- Bring your Bible, swim trunks, towel, fishing gear, jeans, sweatshirt, sunscreen, bug spray, soft drinks (coffee and juice provided), and snacks for yourself and some to share with others.
- Lake Cumberland regulations say no guns allowed.
- Starting on Sunday, April 14, there will be sign-ups for you to be on specific boats. Each boat is limited to 10 people.
- Also, please recruit others to join you on your boat. We will make room or reserve more boats if needed.